Business-to-business services that help companies to develop and grow. In Finland, apart from a few major international groups, the amount of companies offering business-to-business services is relatively small. Medium-sized business services companies are almost completely missing from the market. Finland also has good opportunities in growth centres around the country. There is a growing demand for service producers due to increased outsourcing both in the public and private sectors. This creates opportunities for international companies.
Future business services opportunities
- Public and private sector outsourcing boosts demand for service providers. Finland needs international expertise.
- The number of municipalities in Finland will be reduced dramatically over the next few years, creating new opportunities for business services providers.
Positive outlook in Finnish retail market with more buying power. The retail sector in Finland has grown significantly in the last 15 years thanks to steady population growth, rising disposable incomes, and a central location between Russia and the Nordic and Baltic countries. Finland has Europe’s – if not the world’s – most supermarket-driven retail sector. Now local consumers and retailers want to bring about a change. For international retailers, this is a great opportunity to introduce new retail approaches to a receptive consumer base.
Retail business opportunities in Finland
Finland offers an excellent infrastructure, a safe business environment, and highly qualified human capital close to the major markets. There are many good reasons to take a closer look at the business opportunities in the Finnish retail market.
Why Finland Retail makes sense?
- Growing demand for brands in the Helsinki metropolitan area
- Local consumers want to experience new retail trends
- Increasing demand for luxury products and discounter sales
- Well-established technology infrastructure creates excellent opportunities for developing E-commerce
- Increasingly relaxed retail opening hours regulations
- Finnish operators have widespread experience in Russia and the Baltic countries, offering a safe entry platform to these markets
- There are currently many shopping centre projects and extensions planned in Finland
Dynamic shopping centres accelerate tourist spending
A positive cause and effect trend – dynamic shopping centres and growth in tourist spending. Finns are embracing the shopping center culture, leading to the demand of a strong, leading brands and smooth customer flow planning. This has also pleased the tourists that visit Finland. In 2014, foreign tourists spent EUR 4.03 billion in Finland. Finland is seeing a significant increase in tourists visiting from Asian destinations such as Japan, China and South Korea.